Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has no idea how to pronounce DAZN and we can relate.
When the sports streaming service disestablished in 2015 many assumed it was pronounced like it was spelled, because what else would you think? But now, as many of us have become subscribers to watch MMA and boxing, we realize it’s actually called “da zone” you know, like “get in da zone.”
Yes, it’s dumb to spell it one way and pronounce it another, but it’s also dumb to have one of the most famous sports figures in the world come on your show and not give him a heads up about the pronunciation.
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones appeared recently on some sort of program to promote the Canelo Alvarez vs. Billy Joe Saunders which will take place at AT&T Stadium (aka Cowboys Stadium). He pronounced the streaming service as “D-A-Zone” which is better than the “Dazz-n” pronunciation we’ve also heard. But c’mon give the man some help guys.
How can I watch the Canelo Alvarez vs. Billy Joe Saunders fight?
You can watch the full card on DA-ZONE at 8 p.m ET and here’s the full line-up for the big fight.
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Billy Joe Saunders for Alvarez’s WBC and WBA Super Middleweight titles and Saunders’ WBO Super Middleweight title
- Elwin Soto vs. Katsunari Takayama for Soto’s WBO Junior Flyweight title
- Kieron Conway vs. Souleymane Cissokho; Junior Middleweights
- Frank Sanchez vs. Nagy Aguilera; Heavyweights
- Marc Castro vs. Irving Macias Castillo; Junior Lightweights
- Keyshawn Davis vs. Jose Antonio Meza; Lightweights
- Kelvin Davis vs. Jan Marsalek; Welterweights
- Christian Alan Gomez Duran vs. TBA; Welterweights